Rummage the Stacks

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Assignment

I hope these posts improve as time marches forth. I'm under a lot of stress as I begin this account; nonetheless now is when I must necessarily begin this blog.

I am 24 years old and have just finished my Master's Degree program at Eastern Kentucky U. in Richmond, KY. On January 11th, my class is in-session for the first time. I'll be working with two sections (of 15 students each) of developmental composition students: at my university, that's ENG 095.

Yesterday I received my textbook for the course. It's the sixth edition of American Voices: Culture and Community, by Dolores LaGuardia and Hans P. Guth. I am perfecting my syllabus based on it as I finish my essays on "The Revenger's Tragedy," assumed to be by Thomas Middleton and on Anne Bradstreet's "Contemplations" within the context of her Several Poems.

These assignments (among other, now achieved goals) are stressing me more than the prospect of teaching next semester; I'm tired of being a student for now and feel I am on the apex of the sort of job I have desired my entire life as a career-minded person.

Time to do homework. I'll check-in later.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment